Thursday 23 October 2008

Media Awards Evening Review

Crime
I thought this was a realy good true life based trailer. It was one of my favourites because it was so up-to-date and so real so people could relate to it and i thought it was a realy good way to educate people about drugs. I thought the way they filmed a drug dealer telling his life story was realy good becasue it showed a sense of realism instead of an actor acting the role of a drug dealer. I also liked how the camera angle was just focused on the drug dealer and there was no colour so the main focus was on him and his story so the audience couldnt get distracted from anything else. This made the trailer feel really personal for the audience which is why it was memorable.


Face Of Fear

this was one of my favourite trailers because i realy enjoy horror films so to see a fellow student create one was so intriguing to see how they would use all the typical things expected in a horror film and see how they used the same techniques. I liked the use of camera angles of zooming in the villians face and also the use of his body language. I also liked the fact that they had a typical horror setting (in the woods, in the dark) and i also really liked the fact that they had a typical female victum (female in distress). I thought they made a realistic horror trailer in which you would expect.

Silent Pain
I thought this was a really good trailer because the way it was set out and the way it was portrayed was again very realistic. I loved the use of the music. I thought it fit the trailer and the genre perfectly. I also thought the rewind within one of the sections of the trailer was a really good technique to use because it fit so well with teh trailer, the genre and especialy the music. It was also a really empathetic type movie which is why it was also one of the memorable ones.

No comments: